At Groundwork Erewash Valley we run a wide-ranging, unique and diverse project programme, in order to meet the challenges of regeneration. All our projects fit into one or more of the 9 categories listed to your left and may involve a number of our teams working together, to bring the widest range of professional skills to bear.
Please follow the links below to find out more about our projects and work. Keep coming back to this page, as projects will be updated and added on a regular basis.
- Community Food - An ongoing project to promote the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
- Ironville Community Garden - A new project to refurbish a long-term unused allotment site in the Amber Valley village of Ironville.
- Schools for Sustainable Development - A Toyota GB funded project to develop community enhancement projects with local schools.
- Supergrounds - A partnership project with Natwest & Learning Through Landscapes, providing money & expertise to help develop school grounds.
- What a Waste! - A Big Lottery funded project to develop community green waste recycling.
- Recycling, South Derbyshire - a project aimed at working with young people towards increasing furniture recycling within the area covered by South Derbyshire District Council.
Land Team Projects:
Walking For Health Groups:
Groundwork Erewash Valley have worked with their partners to set up a number of Walking for Health Groups. Some of the groups have now become independent and arrange all their own programmes, etc. but others are still run and organised by GEV.
The following list shows all Walking for Health Groups and gives further details on their walk programmes and who to contact.
Groundwork Derby & Derbyshire:
- Sandiacre Walking for Health Group - A brand new GEV led Walking for Health Group starting on 20th October 2006 at 10:15am from Sandiacre Library, Doncaster Avenue, Sandiacre.
- Ironville and Codnor Park Walking Group - A GEV led Walking for Health Group in Ironville, started 29 June 2006.
- 'Healthier Lifestyles' Walking group - A GEV led walking group for mothers, children and pushchairs in Cotmanhay.
- Kirk Hallam Wednesday Walking - A new walk group designed to help you get fit ready for christmas.
- The Bridge Strollers - An independent Walking for Health Group from Langley Mill.
- Monday Strollers, Ilkeston - An independent Walking for Health group from Victoria Park Leisure Centre, Ilkeston.
- Somercotes Walking Groups - A well-established independent Walking for Health Group set up in Somercotes in Summer 2005.
- West Park Walkers, Long Eaton - An independent Walking for Health Group from West Park Leisure Centre, Long Eaton.
- Community Wildspaces - An ongoing project to manage Local Nature Reserves and community nature areas.
- Active Citizenship - A project for 13-16 year olds providing positive skills for life.
- Inside Spirit - A Heritage Lottery (Young Roots) funded project to produce a film with young people from Derby.
- Stranger in my House - A frank and poignant video dealing with heroin addiction.
- Think! - A programme of activities with young people to explore their rights and responsibilities within society.
- Young People Friendly Neighborhoods - aims to give young people increased representation in the development of their communities.
- Young Roots - young people from Bennerly School made a film about their local history. The theme for the film focussed on events and issues that affected the lives of young people in the past.